Go to the sweepstakes: https://sffirecu.org/sweepstakes
SAN FRANCISCO FIRE CREDIT UNION WINTER SWEEPSTAKES
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The San Francisco Fire Credit Union Winter Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of California who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of date of entry (“Entrant”). Void outside of California and where prohibited. Employees of San Francisco Fire Credit Union (“Sponsor” or “SF Fire Credit Union”), and its respective parents, successors, affiliates, subsidiaries, trustees, and client financial institutions, prize suppliers, paid influencers, and advertising and promotion agencies, Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”), and each of their respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders, and employees (collectively, the “Releasees”), and each of their immediate family members (spouse or partner, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses or partners, regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the same households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, are not eligible to enter or win the sweepstakes. Members are only eligible to receive one (1) promotional offer per calendar year. The sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. The Sweepstakes is governed by California law and, to the extent applicable, federal law.
3. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING/DESCRIPTION: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on October 30, 2023, and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on December 30, 2023 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period consists of two (2) separate entry periods (each, an “Entry Period”), as follows:
|Entry Period||Timing for Automatic Entries||Timing for Mailed Entries||Random Drawing Date||Number of Winners|
|Entry Period 1||New accounts opened between 12:00:00 AM PT on 10/30/23 and 11:59:59 PM PT on 11/30/23, and approved with online banking registration completed by 12/5/23||Postmarked between 10/30/23 and 11/30/23, and received by 12/8/23||12/18/23||1|
|Entry Period 2||New accounts opened between 12:00:00 AM PT on 12/1/23 and 11:59:59 PM PT on 12/30/23, and approved with online banking registration completed by 1/8/24||Postmarked between 12/1/23 and 12/30/23, and received by 01/08/24||1/17/24||1|
4. TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter:
• AUTOMATIC ENTRY: Existing members of SF Fire Credit Union are not eligible for automatic entry. If you are not currently a SF Fire Credit Union member and would like to sign up, visit https://sffirecu.org/sweepstakes. Eligible Entrants approved as new SF Fire Credit Union members opening a checking account using offer code FIRE and signing up for online banking by the dates indicated in the chart above will automatically receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry (“Automatic Entry”). Offer code must be entered accurately at time of account opening in order to be eligible for Automatic Entry. For personal accounts, one (1) entry will be made per membership, in the name(s) of all primary owners of the account. For business accounts, one (1) entry will be made in the name of the legal entity which owns the account. Accounts that are fraudulent, tampered with, or otherwise altered are not eligible for Automatic Entry. Automatic Entries must be made within an Entry Period stated in the chart in Rule #3 above in order to be eligible for the respective random drawing.
• TO ENTER BY MAIL FOR EXISTING MEMBERS OR WITHOUT BEING A NEW SF FIRE CREDIT UNION MEMBER: Hand-print your complete name, street address, city, state, ZIP code, and daytime and evening telephone numbers (including area code), and a valid email address on a plain piece of 3" x 5" paper, and mail it in a business-size (#10) envelope with sufficient postage affixed, to: SF Fire Credit Union Winter Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 7757, Melville, NY 11775-7757 (“Mailed Entry”). Mailed Entries must be postmarked and received by the dates specified in the chart in Rule #3 above in order to be included in the respective random drawing. The postmark date will determine the Entry Period for which the entry is eligible. Mailed Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, postage-due or inaccurate and Mailed Entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Mailed Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Incomplete Mailed Entries or Mailed Entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery.
An Automatic Entry and a Mailed Entry will be collectively referred to as an “Entry” or “Entries.” Limit one (1) Entry per membership (for personal accounts) and one (1) Entry per organization (for business accounts) for each Entry Period (as identified in the chart in Rule #3 above), regardless of method of Entry. Non-winning eligible Mailed Entries for Entry Period #1 will not roll-over and be eligible for Entry Period #2.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS/WINNER NOTIFICATION: One (1) potential winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible Entries for each Entry Period (as identified in the chart in Rule #3 above) for a total of two (2) winners. The random drawings will be conducted under the direction of Administrator, an independent judging organization. Administrator’s and Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified by email and/or telephone within five (5) business days of the random drawing date. Potential winners will be required to verify their eligibility by digitally completing and securely signing and returning a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and Publicity Release where legal (the “Declaration”), within forty-eight (48) hours of notification. Non-compliance within this time frame and/or with these Official Rules, Sponsor’s inability to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period, or prize or prize notification returned as undeliverable will result in such potential winner’s disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, such prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner.
6. ODDS: The odds of winning a prize are dependent upon the total number of eligible Entries received for each Entry Period (as identified in the chart in Rule #3 above).
7. PRIZES AND THEIR ACTUAL RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): Two (2) Prizes: Each prize consists of $2,500 deposited into the winner’s SF Fire Credit Union Checking Account (account must be in good standing and not have a negative balance at time of prize award). In the event that a winner is from a Mailed Entry and is currently not a SF Fire Credit Union member and does not wish to become a member and open a Checking Account with online banking, the prize will be awarded in the form of a check payable to the winner. In any other event where the prize cannot be deposited to a winner’s SF Fire Credit Union Checking Account, prize will be awarded in the form of a check payable to the winner. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of equal or greater value, except as otherwise provided herein. There is a limit of one (1) prize per membership or household during the entire Sweepstakes Period.
8. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By entering, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding. By accepting a prize, each winner consents to the use of his/her/their name, image, likeness, photograph, voice, and biographical material for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes by Sponsor, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, including but not limited to, any online announcements, worldwide in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, or permission, except where prohibited by law. Entrants release and hold harmless Releasees from any claims, actions, injury, loss, or damage of any kind, including but not limited to, personal injury or death, resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participating in this Sweepstakes or from the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of prizes. This limitation of liability is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, income or profit; loss or damage to property; and claims of third parties. Entrants agree that Releasees have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, statutory, express or implied (including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, title, and fitness for a particular purpose), in fact or in law, relative to the Sweepstakes.
10. TAXES: The value of each prize will be taxable to applicable winner as income. Administrator will issue each winner an IRS FORM 1099-MISC for the value of applicable prize as it is valued at $600 or more. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of a prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the responsibility of the applicable winners. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes.
11. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues/questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules and the Declaration or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Jurisdiction and venue shall be solely within the State of California.
12. FORCE MAJEURE: In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received to award the prizes and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding the prizes or continuing with this Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state or local government law, order, regulation, or guideline, public health crisis or pandemic (e.g., Coronavirus), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control, regardless of whether any such cause was foreseeable (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate this Sweepstakes. If this Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the potential winners in random drawings from all eligible, non-suspect entries received for each Entry Period as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such random drawings shall be each Entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
13. ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees that (i) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the Entrant; (ii) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (iii) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than Entrant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, available after January 31, 2024, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope by February 29, 2024, to: SF Fire Credit Union Winter Sweepstakes Winners, c/o Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: Sponsor: San Francisco Fire Credit Union, 3201 California Street, San Francisco, CA 94118. Administrator: Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.