How to Buy a Car Online
We buy a lot of things online: clothes, electronics, appliances. During the pandemic, online shopping soared as a lot of people engaged in retail therapy, sought to spruce up their homes, or needed some new home entertainment.
Even as the world begins to return to normal, online shopping is still wildly popular. And there are few signs that it will slow down.
But can you easily and safely make big purchases online? Is it possible to buy a car in San Francisco without physically going to a dealership? If you’re thinking about buying a car, you should explore all your options to find the best fit for you. Learning how to buy a car online is a must.
Buy a car online with us
Wouldn’t it be nice if you could search, find, and finance your dream car from the comfort of your couch?
Our partnerships with AutoLand and Enterprise can help you do just that. Learn how to buy a car online and find your dream car while you finish binge watching Friends.
Our partnership with AutoLand gives you access to over 9,000 dealerships in over 48 states, which makes finding your next car easier than finding parking in San Francisco.
With AutoLand you can:
- Search makes and models from around the country
- Compare prices on the same make and model
- Negotiate the best deals with simple online tools
- Locate a dealer that’s going to give you the best price
- Check the value of a trade-in
Enterprise Car Sales
Enterprise also makes it easy to search for your next car. And SF Fire Credit Union members get 1% of current auto loan rates on loans up to 60 months.
How does it work? It’s simple, really. Check out our Enterprise page, leisurely search through Enterprise’s inventory of over 1.9 million cars, and then fill out a quick form when you’ve found the one you want. An Enterprise representative will contact you and guide you through the entire process.
There are more benefits than just the 1% rate discount, which include:
- No-Haggle pricing – in other words, set prices with no negotiation needed on either side, with most prices falling below Kelly Blue Book value
- 12-Month/12,000 mile Limited Powertrain Warranty1
- ASE Certified Enterprise Vehicle Certification
- 12-Month Roadside Assistance2
- 7-Day Buy-Back Policy – no questions asked3
- Free Carfax Reports
Online car buying options
There are also a handful of respected online and app services that’ll let you search for your dream car and drink your morning coffee at the same time.
The most popular sites and apps include Vroom, Shift, and Carvana. They offer a variety of makes and models, and most offer guarantees on your purchase.
Once you’ve found the car you want, these sites will typically let you finance through a lender of your choice. That way you’ll still be able to take advantage of SF Fire Credit Union’s competitive and attractive rates and terms.
How does Carvana work?
Let’s take just one of these online car buying services as an example of how simple it is to find your dream car.
Buying a car online from Carvana lets you:
- Browse over 25,000 cars. Every vehicle from Carvana goes through a 150-point inspection process. They also come with a free Carfax report.
- Find cars that fit your budget. Get personalized numbers when you finance online with Carvana. Finding a car you can afford online takes a few minutes.
- Call dibs. When you find the car you want, you can “call dibs” and Carvana will hold it for up to 30 minutes while you complete the purchase process.
Carvana lets you pick your lender for your auto loan. Check out finance options, attractive rates and terms, and call us if you have any questions. We think you should get the car you want, payments that fit your budget, and terms that fit your needs.
Our shopping habits continue to evolve and are increasingly becoming more and more online focused. It’s easy to see why. You can shop when you want, how you want, and take the time to find the price that’s right for you.
We think financing your purchase should be that simple too. If you’re ready to hit the road in a new or used car, one you found online or in-person at a dealership, we have speedy options to get you where you want to go.