Wildfire Safety Guides
Fire season in California can be a pretty scary time for a lot of people. More than 2 million homes throughout the state are at high-risk for wildfires. Even if your home doesn't fall into this category, it's important to make sure your property is as low-risk as possible.
Fire safety includes protecting your home, building emergency supplies, practicing escape roots, and more.
These free downloadable guides can help you and your family protect your property against wildfire.
San Francisco Chronicle Disaster Guide
The San Francisco Chronicle has put together a pretty comprehensive disaster preparedness guide.
- How to prepare for a wildfire
- Protecting your home from wildfires isn't just about having smoke detectors and fire extinguishers (though that is a part of it). It's about preparing well in advance.
- How to keep flames from igniting your house
- If a fire starts in your house, experts say you have about 2 minutes to get out safely. The trick is to stop the blaze before it starts.
- Free emergency apps for your phone
- Smart phone apps can be helpful resources during a disaster. Download these free apps so you'll have them should you need them.
San Franscisco Fire Department Guide
If you're looking for a more in-depth guide on everything related to fire safety, the San Francisco Fire Department has a downloadable PDF that covers everything you need to know and do to be prepared.
Download the guide in:
Download these free guides today. Follow the steps to make sure you've done what you can to protect your home. Practice escape routes with your family. Check in with your neighbors too. We're all in this together.
As a local credit union, we want to get to know you and help you achieve your goals. Come into a branch or call us today. Our people are happy to serve you.