Pay With Points: Things To Know
Want to buy something without paying for it later? We all do. With Pay With Points, you can. Use your Credit Card Rewards Points to cover the cost of your qualifying purchases.
How It Works
- Respond to text messages or email notifications when transactions can be covered by rewards points.
- Once you accept a redemption offer, you’ll receive a statement credit within 10 business days to offset the cost of the transaction.
- Please note that your credit may not match the final amount that appears on your statement, as Pay With Points will not cover a gratuity, fees, estimated taxes, or foreign exchange.
If you don’t respond to a text or email message, you can also redeem points for qualifying transactions directly through the Pay With Points section of our new rewards redemption website, accessible through Online & Mobile Banking.
If you haven’t already logged in to the Credit Card Rewards section to accept the program terms and conditions, you may receive an introductory email.
Pay with Points is free, and you can control whether or not you receive text and/or email alerts when a Pay With Points redemption is available, as well as setting a minimum dollar-amount threshold. You can control these options under Alert Settings on the Rewards Redemption website, after you review and accept the program’s terms and conditions.
Pay With Points and Your Monthly Payment
Pay With Points credits are not applied as regular payments, and therefore will not satisfy your monthly minimum payment due amounts.
You’ll Still Earn Rewards Points
Even though you’re redeeming points to cover the transactions, you’ll still earn points as normal for the original purchase.
- You must have enough points on hand to cover the cost of the transaction plus related administrative costs (It’s not a 1:1 ratio of, say, 2500 points for a $25 transaction)
- The transaction must be at least $15 and above any customized minimum amount you set under Alert Settings
- You must be enrolled in Pay With Points