Get the Best Rate on Your Savings
Now’s the time to get a great return on your money.
Get 2.50% APY on 12-month, 2.25% APY on 6-month, and 1.75% APY on 3-month certificates. Low $250 minimum deposit.
Active and retired Fire Department employees get a special 0.10% rate bump.
What exactly is a Term Certificate? It's what others call a certificate of deposit, or CD.
How to Open and Fund a Term Certificate
Fill out the application to join SF Fire and open a Term Certificate with funds from your other financial institution.
Call (415) 674-4800, option 6, between 7 AM and 8 PM, Monday - Saturday.
Visit a Branch:
Open a term certificate in person when you visit one of our branches.
- Log in to Online & Mobile Banking and Open An Account, then select Savings/Certificates. If you have multiple membership IDs, choose the ID you want to open the certificate with.
- Click Open a new Term Certificate, and select the term.
- Choose the source account and the amount to deposit.
Please note, you can only fund directly from your SF Fire Credit Union checking or savings account. To use funds from another bank or credit union:
- To add and/or use an external transfer account, see the instructions below.
- Or, wire funds from your external account to your SF Fire checking or savings account.
Linking And Using An External Account For Online Funding
* APY= Annual Percentage Yield. The APY is the effective annual rate of return and assumes that the funds will remain in the deposit account for a full 365 days. Interest rate for Term Certificates is fixed for the length of the term.
Membership with SF Fire Credit Union required, including a $5 membership fee.
Rates effective as of 10/27/2022. Rates are subject to change at any time. Other rates and terms available.
Term Certificates have a required minimum deposit of $250.
Fees or other conditions could reduce the earnings on the account. A penalty may be imposed for withdrawals before maturity.
If you have any questions or need current rate information on your accounts, please call (415) 674-4800 or (888) 499-FIRE (3473), from 7am to 8pm (Pacific Time) Monday through Saturday.